All-Star baseball season is in full swing and we have been up at the fields nearly every night for the past 2 1/2 weeks! Things are absolutely nuts here, but I’m really excited to share a couple of sneaks for Cameo Basics and tell you more about the class. I’ve had a Silhouette since they very first came out at CHA all those years ago (must have been 2006?). I’ll admit, I didn’t use it to it’s full capability until recently. When I first got it, I was amazed that I could cut titles from any font I wanted to. It was then that I realized how fun it was to create mixed titles with scripty fonts and stickers/Thickers. When Studio Calico started releasing new cut files every month, I started using my Silhouette for more than just titles. Shape cuts and word art were a fun addition. Once I upgraded to the Cameo from the original Silhouette, I started using it even more for full page backgrounds and I learned how to use the print and cut feature. Honestly, the possibilities are endless with this machine!
I’m excited to share the things I’ve learned with you. We’ll be covering lots of fun things in class…including these plus a couple of bonus tips thrown in too
- A detailed PDF from me with insight into how I fit the Silhouette Cameo® into my creative process
- 5 PDF tutorials sharing new techniques for working with digital die cut files and manipulating them in Silhouette Studio® – you’ll be learning cool ways to use with text, creating your own backgrounds, designing a page using a cut file, making your own print & cuts and using your handwriting to create cuts.
- Bonus PDF from Natalie Elphinstone on working with Sketch Pens
- Access to a class message board where you can discuss digital die cutting with me
- Challenges to keep you inspired and creating all month long!
Here’s a sneak of the layout I made for the creating your own backgrounds lesson and probably one of my top five layouts ever! I’ll show you how to do this with just one click….
Of course, just like all Studio Calico classes, the class includes free cut files and printables!
Here’s a list of supplies you’ll need for class:
AND……..if you sign up for the Cameo Basics and Cutting Edge (class taught by Susan Weinroth last year) bundle now, you can get one of the last Cutting Edge kits which includes a fun stamp set and some different types of papers to try cutting with.
I hope you’ll join me for this class! It’s going to be a lot of fun and I’m really looking forward to it!